Friday, August 8, 2008

Something a little different....

Hey everyone. I've been on a bit of a hiatus recently, but wanted to update you all with what's new. Been working on a little film project with some people from my department to create some set pieces. The simple description is these images are supposed to look like 1950's advertisements for such exciting things as TV dinners, toothpaste and cigarettes. Two of the images I helped make are below, and I'll post finals when I get them. Photography by Christopher Greco featuring Ava Bogle and Will Rothhaar.

We looked at a ton of ads from that era and tried to figure out what made them look the way they did. My job was basically to paint over the original photos to give them a handmade look. Enjoy.


1 comment:

hellomynameisvee said...

amazing! would you mind answering a few questions about the technique / project for our art blog? (http://artandmusic.wordpress.com) - it's a blog for http://www.redefinemag.com ~ thanks!

vivian hua
huav@redefinemag.com <-- e-mail me if you're interested!